Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back to the blog thing. Training has been going relatively well. Napa is in 7 weeks, and that's starting to concern me! The longest run I've done so far is 15 miles, and that was several weeks ago. It's a bit of a struggle to find the time to train in all 3 sports, while I'm feeling like I should be focusing on the run right now. Next up is getting pedals for the bike, and learning how to clip in and out without falling on my butt - or face! I've been pretty consistent with riding the Bailey loop (21 miles), and getting faster each time. On New Year's Day I rode it solo, fueled by pepsi and mimosa! Probably not the best training nutrition, but I blew the doors off my best time! I did a couple of doubles this week, a run/swim on Monday and then a bike/swim on Friday. I'm going to have to do more of that as the kids' schedules heat up, Mommy has to come before Triathlete! Gotta admit, though, it was very hard to go to the official's clinic yesterday when I wanted to be riding my bike in the beautiful sunshine.

I'd really like to enter a bunch more races between now and Ironman Moo, (did I ever mention how slightly competitive I am?!? Or how much I really MISS racing of any kind?!?) but they aren't cheap - time and money-wise, so I'll just keep racing myself for now....it's only a bummer on the days I fail to beat me!

Coach Kevorkian (Jeff doesn't seem to realize how little life insurance he has on me!) has me doing a 2 hour run today. In the hills. For anyone that's into planning (slightly) ahead, I'd like white roses, pink tulips and astrolmeria at my funeral, and please sing Amazing Grace and On Eagle's Wings. Beth can do the singing. Bury me on a hill that's higher than I can bike or run....it would be good to make it!

Keep thinking good thoughts and prayers...they are helping!