Tuesday, February 17, 2009

2 weeks to go....

Less than two weeks to go 'til Napa, and the butterflies have taken up residency in my belly. Who's idea was this, anyway, DENISE?!?

Not too worried about finishing. Barring any injuries, accidents, acts of God, I should be fine, and crossing the finish line with a time of 4:30, I hope. Need to be in line for lunch!!! However, come to think of it, it's really not safe for me to assume the barring of the above-related contingencies given my history!

I'm on a tear, haven't missed a workout day in over a month - if you count skiing, and with my friends leading the way down and over the mountain, I do!

So, the next 10 days are a taper.....what I've been waiting for/dreaming of on a daily basis since this exciting period in my life began! Question is, what is a taper. Me, I was thinking daily ice cream (dulce de leche from Haagen Daz) and leisurely walks up and down the street. Jeff's muttering something about high intensity, just a bit shorter. I'm taking a poll. Let me know who's definition you think is more accurate, and I will share a good bottle of wine that I've hidden away with all those who vote for my kinda taper!!

Keep fast, healthy thoughts in your head...for Jeff, too! His goal is his secret, but I'm sure it involves crushing me mercilessly, then meeting me at the finish line (probably showered, dressed, fed and rested!) with a bottle of champagne (hint, hint!)

No comments: