Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Auburn Olympic Distance

Okay, we're on to the next challenge. This Sunday sees Jeff compete in the half-ironman (same race as I did at Wildflower); I'm in for the Olympic distance, and both boys are scheduled, barring injuries, to compete in the sprint race. Wish us luck - heat could be a factor. Jeff's race starts at 6:30, and he won't finish until at least noon - pray for early cloud cover, light rain would be ideal! I start at 7, and hope to be done by 10ish. Boys start at 7:30, and should be done by 9.

My race is 1500 metres in Lake Folsom, then a 24 mile bike ride up into the hills (lots of climbing, apparently) and the a 10k run (6.2 miles) in the hills. I'd really like to do the whole thing in less than 3 hours, but that may be very optimistic. It supposed to be one of the countries' toughest courses. LOTS of climbing.

Well, we'll have rsults Sunday night......keep good thoughts! You can probably check them out at www.auburntriathlon.com. Don't know how quickly they get up.

Thanks for reading me!

No comments: