Thursday, March 19, 2009

Added another race

I've been talked into (not difficult, really!) entering the raffle to get a spot in the Nike Women's race in San Francisco. Not too certain about this...it's only 5 weeks post-ironman, and I'm not sure I'll be able to move yet! Connie has assured me that I will be carried if necessary. If I keep my weight down. I'm going to need to make sure that there are no cameras!!

Biked 33 miles hard today - including willow springs - and did it 12 minutes faster than ever, well under 2 hours. Woohoo!! Had to chase Jeff, after all! Ran yesterday, just 4 miles, but did it at race pace of 9:10. I would like to see that at 8:30 for Wildflower, but I think I'm dreaming. Actually, I'd just like to finish it without embarassing myself or my family!!

Tomorrow's a swim day - and a hard one, I think. 1000's for time, and lots of IM. yukky!

6 weeks, 2 days until I swim, bike & run: 1.2 miles; 56 miles; 13.1 miles......
25 weeks, 3 days until I swim, bike & run: 2.4 miles; 112 miles; 26.2 miles.....

My new quote will be - 'Have an IV bag of champagne waiting at the finish line' - Jim Vance

No comments: