Monday, March 16, 2009

Time to get ready for ....WILDFLOWER!

Since you may notice that this blog is coming out at 1 in the morning, my sleep is being affected by all of this training for/worrying about Wildflower!


For the uninitiated, Wildflower seems to be much like Woodstock. I wasn't there, wasn't able to walk yet, I don't believe, but I've seen the pictures! So my stressors are multiple....one, we're taking the boys (They are on a relay with Dad) and exposing them to this debauchery that rumor has includes topless co-eds from Cal Poly. Second, this is a long %^&* course, with lots of hills that will surely kick my @#*&.. Egads. Finally, and this part is just sinking in, I've been advised that I need to CAMP. I try very hard to avoid that four-letter word when at all possible. I'd better have a very nice aerobed, with a cozy double bag, a mint on my pillow and a certain hot (showered and clean!) triathlete to share it with. I'm just sayin'.


Rode 45 miles on Saturday, after swimming 5000+ yards Friday. Having a bit of a pity party re: the state of my legs. They hurt, and they seem to resent what I'm putting them through. I'm bumping into things everywhere, and they are starting to look like 12 year old boy legs! I really thought I'd be seeing some solid recovery by week 2. Not so much. Oh well, I'll swim tommorow, that should be easier on them.



6 weeks and 5 days. 1.2 miles in the lake; 56 miles on the bike; 13.1 miles on my feet.......

There had better be champagne in my IV bag at the finish - with all my men present! ;-)

No comments: